Well, he tried. He checked my tickets. Made sure that my final destination was indeed Kentucky. My flight boarded at 3:30pm. Saw me check my bags and thought he was free and clear until October.
Until three hours later...
Facebook Correspondence:
LP: "You aren't going to believe this.....my flight just got cancelled! Hah!"
In a fluke event, and after my flight had been delayed by and hour and half, it ends up getting cancelled because two of the crew members had a "disagreement" and one of them refused to fly. The airline couldn't find anyone to staff the flight, so we were grounded for the night.
My life is not normal.
Poor Professor. He was all excited to have one whole night to himself.
Nope.
I shot The Fox a message on my way BACK through customs to see if she knew of a place that I could land for the night in case I couldn't catch a flight out.
Which I couldn't.
Lucky for me, the crew had gone on a bit of a city tour after dropping me off and running errands, so they were still in Calgary. So they came back to the airport to collect me....
He face was, again, priceless. My favorite half grin.
So back to Camp Acer we go.
I spent the evening chatting with everyone, laughing, smiling and in the most relaxed and carefree atmosphere we've had all week. There is so much love in this house, so much joy, you simply cant fight it.
And here I sit, spinning out the last little bit of this story before we load up and head to the airport AGAIN.
Dear Idiot Employee at United,
Thanks.
Regards,
LP
No comments:
Post a Comment