Saturday, February 9, 2013

Lindy Hop

Fact #1: I am a white girl.
Fact #2: I dance like a white girl.
Fact #3: Until now.

Now I (kind of) dance like a white girl who can actually move with some level of coordination on a dance floor. I introduce you to.... The Lindy Hop:
(Side Bar: If I EVER find someone as funny as this man on the dance floor...game on.)

In an effort to try and learn something new as often as possible, I have been taking dance lessons from a lovely couple in Lexington for the past month.

I have dipped my toe into the basics of the lindy hop, and I LOVE IT! I have never had so much fun on a dance floor in my life! Especially the swivels and switches haha! Long legs + swivels = LP was made to shake her booty (or as Mary put it "polish the wall").

There is a performance group out of Lexington that I'm seriously considering trying to weasel my way into. I watched a few of them dance the other weekend and it was truly the most entertaining and captivating thing to see. Videos are one thing, but I highly suggest that you find a place to see it live. We'll see if I can be any good at lindy, but at the least I'll be a decent dancer!

No comments:

Post a Comment